Remember that banana bread recipe I promised to share?
Well, I baked another loaf yesterday afternoon, and this one’s a winner!
Without further adieu, say hello to Healthier Banana Bread.
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 c. whole-wheat flour
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 heaping tbsp. chia seeds
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray 9”x5” loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Beat brown sugar, honey, egg, oil, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
3. Once sugar mixture is combined, beat in bananas.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flours, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
5. Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture.
6. Stir in chia seeds.
7. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for approximately 50 minutes, until the tops of the loaf is light brown.
If you want to make a sweeter loaf, feel free to add more sugar. The first time I tried this recipe, I also added 1/4 c. normal sugar, but the banana bread packed too much sweetness for me. To make the bread even healthier, subtract the brown sugar, which I’m planning to do next time.