Hey, everyone! Is it really Wednesday? This week seems to be flying by! I crashed hard yesterday after my swim workout; the combination of traveling, working out, and recovering from Thanksgiving hit hard, and I may have spent the day watching Downton Abbey. In my defense, it was raining, so I didn’t feel like running my errands. Or moving for the matter.
Anyway, I got nine glorious hours of sleep last night, and I feel completely rejuvenated. I also have a bunch of random stuff to share, so I’m going with a list format today.
1. I really, really missed salmon when I was home. Fish doesn’t exactly scream Thanksgiving, so it fell out of the rotation for the week. But it’s back now—I’ve had it the past two nights—so it’s all good.
2. I went running without my Garmin this morning. (I owe you a post on that, actually.) Honestly, I totally forgot to put it on and didn’t realize it until I left my building. I’ve been wearing it a lot lately, so it was nice to disconnect and simply run.
3. I spiced up my overnight oats with some cinnamon spiced granola courtesy of NatureBox.
The granola was good—fresh, tasty, and not overly sweet. Speaking of Nature Box …
4. I actually received a sample over the Thanksgiving holiday. I’m slowly working my way through the snacks, so I’ll post a review in a few weeks.
[Full disclosure: NatureBox contacted me and asked if I would like a sample package in exchange for a blog review. As always, all opinions expressed are my own.]
5. While out running errands this morning, I saw Andrew, one of the Full Throttle Endurance coaches from Chelsea Piers. What a small world, right? CP should reopen Dec. 1, but it’s unclear whether Full Throttle Endurance will still hold its off-season training program. Because “normal” training begins in January, holding one month of organized off-season training doesn’t make much sense. Anyway, once the complex opens on Saturday, I hope to work with Andrew more on swimming, and he also mentioned triathlon-specific strength training, too.
6. Guess what came in the mail today—my USA Triathlon membership card! Woohoo!
7. This will make me sound extremely nerdy, but whatever—I bought an ice scoop and spice rack at The Container Store today, and I cannot begin to articulate how happy they make me.
Until I spilled vanilla extract while organizing my spices. Now both the kitchen and I reek of vanilla.
8. I’m trying something new for dinner tonight—a “healthified” personal pizza. We’ll see how this goes.
How’s your Wednesday going? Have you heard of NatureBox? What’s been your go-to dinner lately?