Happy December, friends! It’s officially the holiday season! A few weeks ago, Meghan tagged me in this survey, and since the Christmas countdown has began, it’s time to share my answers.
1. What’s your favorite Christmas song?
I have a soft spot for Mannheim Steamroller. (Link below is for Carol of the Bells.) I also love Bing Crosby; to me, he’s the voice of Christmas. Oh, and Michael Bublé.
2. Have you ever gone shopping on Black Friday?
I have indeed! It was during my freshman or sophomore year of college, and one of my friends wanted a new laptop. We had a sleepover, set our alarms for the ungodly hour of 3 a.m., and went to Walmart shortly thereafter. She scored a great deal, but unless I need a TV or a big-ticket item, I will never brave those crowds again.
3. What’s your favorite Christmas movie?
Any and all of the old school claymation films—Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Rudolph’s Shiny New Year, The Year Without a Santa Claus. The Heat Miser and Snow Miser are my favorites.
I also love Elf and The Family Stone.
4. Who’s your favorite person to shop for on your list?
I have a lot of fun shopping for my sisters. Most of the time, I’ll stumble upon items that seem “so them,” which means no true “shopping” is required.
5. Who’s your least favorite person to shop for?
Shopping for my dad is definitely the most challenging. Speaking of–Dad, what do you want for Christmas? Ha!
6. What’s your most memorable Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
One year, my sisters and I got a pink Barbie house. It stood about three feet tall, and there were two floors, plus a rooftop deck. We spent hours playing Barbies back in the day.
[I’m not talking about this particular house, but we also had this one. Source.]
7. What’s your most memorable Christmas gift you’ve ever given?
Hmmm, nothing is coming to mind. However, I do remember when one of my sisters gave the other rocks as a joke. Grandma didn’t like that at all!
8. Where’s your favorite place to go Christmas shopping?
I usually hit up local/one-of-a-kind shops for Christmas presents, but if those fail, then Target, Barnes & Noble, etc.
9. What was one of your favorite Christmas memories?
For Christmas Eve dinner one year, my grandparents, uncle, and his girlfriend came over for dinner, and right as the crescent rolls came out of the oven, we lost power. Timing couldn’t have been better—ha! We now call that night our “18th century Christmas celebration” because we ate dinner by candlelight.
10. Who’s your favorite Christmas shopping buddy?
My mom. She’s also my favorite regular shopping buddy.
11. Do you decorate for the holidays and put up a tree? When do you normally do it?
When I was home for Thanksgiving, we bought our tree, but I don’t think it’s been put up yet. Hopefully, I’ll be home in time to help hang ornaments.
12. And fine, just one food-related question, what’s your favorite Christmas dessert?
Anything chocolate, obviously. Or anything from our annual bake-off.
Your turn: favorite Christmas song and movie? Favorite holiday memory? What are you looking forward to the most about the holiday season?