When life gives you one too many ripe bananas, you could make banana bread. But if your cupboard lacks the necessary ingredients, and it’s 8 p.m., and you don’t feel like taking a trip to the grocery store, then you’ll have to get creative with what you have.
So out of laziness resourcefulness, this Paleo chocolate chip banana bread was born.
Thanks to the coconut oil, there’s a hint of creamy, tropical flavor. And from a non-coconut lover, I’ll say it’s perfect—not too overpowering.
Feel free to add more or less chocolate chips based on taste. But when is more chocolate ever a bad thing?
Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. honey
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2+ c. chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Use food processor or hand-held mixer to combine bananas, eggs, vanilla, honey, and coconut oil.
3. Add in almond flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
4. Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan.