Happy Christmas Eve Eve, friends! Who’s excited for Santa?
1. Favorite Christmas album/CD/song?
As I shared in a previous survey, I have a serious soft spot for Mannheim Steamroller and Bing Crosby. In fact, my sister and I listened to both yesterday while we made cookies. ‘Tis the season!
2. Run on Christmas morning or take the day off?
Hmmm, I’ve done both in the past. During my collegiate basketball days, I would take the day off (mostly to spite my coaches–ha!), but I’m pretty sure I ran last year; I participated in the first Runner’s World Run Streak that challenged runners to tackle at least one mile everyday between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day, so I think I ran.
3. What do you usually eat on Christmas morning?
We always have a special breakfast—like baked French toast—on Christmas morning. This year, we’ll have an egg bake and gingerbread pancakes.
4. Favorite holiday or Christmas tradition?
After Thanksgiving, my family goes to Critz Farms to cut down our Christmas tree.
Speaking of …
5. Real tree, fake tree, or no tree?
I’ve grown up always having a real tree, but I have nothing against artificial ones.
Any tree is better than no tree, right?
6. Christmas pajamas … yay or nay?
Way back in the day, my mom used to sew Christmas jammies for my sisters and me. Time for some throwbacks!
She even made some for Ellen’s doll! Mildly embarrassing, but whatever; I loved my Christmas jammies.
Clearly, the late 90s were a tough era for me—ha!
7. Where do you spend the holidays?
We usually host Christmas Eve dinner, and we head to my aunt and uncle’s house for Christmas Day festivities.
8. Food that you always have during the holiday season? Favorite Christmas food/treat?
My grandma’s crack!
Er, homemade toffee!
9. Open presents all at once or take turns?
My sisters and I open our stockings first, and we usually stagger present-opening a bit. It’s fun to watch their reactions!
10. Favorite Christmas(ish) movie?
Is it a copout if I say Elf? It’s just so good!
Your turn: What do you eat on Christmas morning? Real or fake tree? Do you love Elf as much as me?